by Jared West
Today, it's all about Netflix and I think sparing just one post to talk about one of, if not the most popular online streaming services isn't a bad idea. To hint you all, we'll be giving some things you need to know about Netflix . Do well to beckon on that your friend who is a Netflix buff. Stay close!
So that you know, Netflix strictly provides media services and it is a registered American production company. Los Gatos, in California, stands as its control tower(headquarter). The foundational stones were laid in 1997, by two amazing duos with the names;
They started the journey in California, Scotts Valley to be precise. With every establishment having a point- source focus or goal, the company made online streaming of movies and shows, in-house shows inclusive, as its central focus. This streaming is done by making payment for a subscription.
Speeding fast to 2019, the company had recorded more than one hundred and forty-eight million subscribers all around the globe. The United States took about sixty million of the whole share plus more than 154 million subscriptions total( free trials inclusive).
Interested in how Netflix kicked off? Then, see the video below:
Netflix is a company with extensive coverage. However, it is only unavailable to these places;
2. Crimea( sanction issues).
3. China(restrictions locally in the mainland)
4. North Korea.
To foster its extensive coverage all around the globe, Netflix has secured offices in countries like Japan, South Korea, Brazil, Netherlands and even in India. And, it is a proud member of the so much coveted association- Motion Picture Association, MPA for short.
Taking our gaze on Reed Hastings' side of the story. Did you know that at the onset, Netflix was only cut out for sales of DVDs and rentals via mail? However, Hastings withdrew the sales aspect when the company moved grounds to concentrate more on the rental aspect of the business.
Then it witnessed some expansions in 2010 when online streaming services were put forward and the rental business idea was still held in high esteem. Netflix that year didn't just stop at a local level, as it went international. Making the streaming services accessible to other parts of the world like Canada, Latin America, and even the Caribbean.
To add more juice to the mix, Netflix signed up for producing its content two years after, with Lilyhammer becoming the first-ever series . After that time, Netflix has been gravitating towards creating and sharing content- movies and Tv series to be precise. With that, it presents a vast array of Netflix Original materials via its massive online database. With the pace at which the company was running, it isn't a surprise their streaming services got more comprehensive coverage to a whopping one hundred and ninety countries in the early days of 2016. It made available about 126 series and movies that year, making the company top every other service provider.
You will all agree with me that Netflix is a broad topic on its own, and it won't be feasible to cover all areas in one post. So, with this, we'll be focusing more on a small fraction of its course- HOW TO CANCEL NETFLIX ACCOUNT SUBSCRIPTION .
Well, there are a lot of reasons you may have for being interested in canceling your Netflix account subscription. However, we'll break it down for you today. For some streaming services, it is most times difficult to cancel a subscription but not with Netflix. Canceling a subscription doesn't take much time for Netflix as it does for some other counterparts. So, we'll guide you on how to go about the whole process in this great post.
Steps to follow
Cancellation via the official Netflix Website
Note: The Finish Cancellation bar is in blue.
Cancellation through Play Store
Cancellation on Android
Cancellation on iPhone and Android
Note: Do well to uncheck the box if you do not have interest in getting updates on recently uploaded content from Netflix.
Cancellation via iTunes
Note : Multiple ways of canceling Netflix account subscription will be dealt with, so you can conveniently do it on any device you deem fit.
Let's get down to business;
The first on the list! Using the official website of Netflix is arguably the easiest and usual way of canceling account subscription .
How do I do it?
1. On your device, go straight to the official website of Netflix.
2. Input your details (email used and password). You do not need this step if you're already logged in.
3. Quickly move to the profile tab and select "Account" from the menu list.
4. Here, you tap the "Cancel Membership" bar.
5. Afterward, tap the "Finish Cancellation." bar to put an end to your Netflix account subscription . So that you know, the "Finish Cancellation" icon is in blue .
Having done this, you have successfully canceled your account subscription via the official site.
For those that selected Google Play at the onset, when getting your membership on Netflix. This process is for you in case you want to cancel your account subscription.
See the simple steps below:
1. First, access the official site of Google Play on your preferred device.
2. Input the necessary information to access your account.
3. Tap on the " My Subscription" icon.
4. Click on Netflix . Immediately you do this, everything that has to do with your Netflix account will be shown.
5. Tap the "Cancel Subscription." button.
6. Tap the button one more time for confirmation's sake.
For Android users who want to cancel Netflix account subscription via Google Play Store. Do well to commit the following steps to memory;
1. Locate Google Play Store App on your Android device.
2. Tap on the "Subscription" icon
3. Afterward, click on Netflix and put a stop to your membership. It's that simple!
Simply follow the outlined steps below to cancel your Netflix account subscription .
1. Locate the Netflix app on your device
2.Go straight to the bottom of the mobile app and click on "More" in the menu list.
3. Next, tap on the "Account" icon.
4. Quickly go down and tap on the " Cancel Membership" bar.
5. The last step is to click on "Finish Cancellation". Also, if you don't want to get any mail or whatsoever from the service provider, Netflix, concerning recent content, it can be done. All you need do is to undo the check you made in the checkbox.
Learn more on how to do it in this video:
For Netflix members that made their payment for a monthly subscription via iTunes store or App store. You can cancel your account subscription using these simple steps;
1. Go to " Settings" on your device
2. Click on Account
3. Tap on the App Store or iTunes Store.
4. Tap your Apple ID.
5. Click on Subscription
6. Easily find Netflix on the menu list.
7. Tap the "Cancel Subscription" button
8. Click the "confirm" icon to conclude everything.
See this fascinating video for more information:
To give it closure, we do believe that this great post on how to cancel your Netflix account subscription will walk you through the process. You know we love hearing from you. Do well to let us share in your experience, and if you have any issues, shoot us a message via the comment section.
About Jared West
Jared's unique approach to audio writing involves meticulously crafting intricate sound designs that serve as the foundation for his narratives. Through careful selection and manipulation of sound effects, ambient noise, and music, he weaves together a tapestry of auditory sensations that bring his stories to life.